Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Pat Reaney <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/27 18:34:18 UTC

James as server for multiple domains?

Hello:

I seem to have read something about this in the docs, but please excuse
my laziness for asking here instead (please excuse newbie igorance as
well).

I've set up james on my home box and it works nicely.  However, Directv
DSL is shutting down and so it looks like I'm going to lose the ability
to run an email server at home ( and Ameritech wants installation and
equipment $$$ for static IP and cable modem company wont give static IP
 ).

So to make a long story short, I'm thinking about a dedicated box to
run my site and a few others.  My question is can james serve as an
email server for multiple domains on the same box; i.e. a single
instance of james handles mail for site1.com as well as site2.com?

I seem to remember having read somewhere that james won't do this.  All
I'm looking for here is a yes or no;  if yes, I'll start digging thru
the docs and if no, I'll go buy the bat book and learn sendmail :(

Thanks,
Pat Reaney

RE: James as server for multiple domains?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Pat,

Yes.  I currently handle 20 domains in my main James installation.  When you
are ready, we can talk about details.

	--- Noel