Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com> on 2017/03/03 19:35:11 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Streams (incubating) 0.5 RC1

I've created a combined 0.5-incubating release candidate (rc1), with the
following artifacts up for a vote:

*** NOTE ***
This is the first release of streams with the combined incubator-streams
and master projects.

Tags
incubator-streams source tag (r0.5-incubating):
*https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-streams.git;a=tag;h=c56bfa9e060e2ff4e2b19704e0053de7f2fa325b
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-streams.git;a=tag;h=c56bfa9e060e2ff4e2b19704e0053de7f2fa325b>*

incubator-streams-examples source tag (r0.5-incubating):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-streams-examples.git;a=tag;h=2cf40517cd93654db3ec90f853d4db2aaab90790

Maven staging repo
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestreams-10
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestreams-1019>24

Source releases:
incubator-streams
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/streams/0.5-incubating/streams-examples-0.5-incubating-source-release.zip
SHA1: a3512225b06eeda6f4551cd89ce9faa55a4fc1ea

incubator-streams-examples
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/streams/0.5-incubating/streams-project-0.5-incubating-source-release.zip
SHA1: ca91ccaad4e53dee387b311679cb1beb73ae54a0

*https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mfranklin.asc
<https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mfranklin.asc>*c
<https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/sblackmon.asc>

Please take the time to verify these artifacts before casting your vote.

Note that Maven 3.3.9 and JDK 1.8+ are now required, and that MAVEN_OPTS
should set the java heap to at least 2G for best results.

These repositories must be built and installed locally in the right order:
first streams-project, then streams-examples.

Note that to execute the full suite of integration tests, one must first
prepare a testing environment with docker databases and working credentials
to all providers.

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Streams (incubating) 0.5 RC1

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Streams (incubating) 0.5 RC1

The voting period has elapsed and the vote is now closed.

Binding Vote (IPMC Member) Result Summary: +1 [3] 0 [0] -1 [0]

Binding Voter Record:

Matt Franklin: +1

Ate Douma: +1

Suneel Marthi: +1

Community Vote Result Summary:

+1 [3]

0 [0]

-1 [0]

Community Vote Record:

Steve Blackmon: +1

Joey Frazee: +1

Trevor Grant: +1

A lazy consensus vote will be sent to the IPMC next.

Posted by Joey Frazee <jo...@icloud.com>.

Posted by sblackmon <sb...@apache.org>.
I did hit a test failure (in streams-runtime-local) when doing a clean build using these command in a virtual box docker vm.

But when I ran the same commands in a docker image on a real ubuntu system, everything worked.

My hunch is odd problems may crop up when the host system is very constrained in memory / CPU.

I’m not sure whether we can eliminate these sorts of issues altogether, but I also don’t think there's a release blocker out of this discussion.

+1 to close out this vote and take to IPMC.

Steve

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by sblackmon <sb...@apache.org>.
Matt,

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
+0 (binding)

Posted by sblackmon <sb...@apache.org>.

Ate,

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Blackmon <st...@blackmon.org>.
Amendment:
I did not validate SHA1 or GPG signature of binary artifacts, because
Streams does not distribute a project binary artifact.

On March 3, 2017 at 2:13:32 PM, sblackmon (sblackmon@apache.org) wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

* Built RC, confirmed unit tests passed
* Validated hashes of RC tags
* Validated SHA1 of RC source and binary artifacts
* Validated GPG signature of RC source and binary artifacts

Steve

P.S.
The urls of the repositories under Source releases in the email text are
inverted.

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- verified signature, hashes
- built streams-project and streams-example
- ran IT tests successfully

Trevor Grant
Data Scientist
https://github.com/rawkintrevo
http://stackexchange.com/users/3002022/rawkintrevo
http://trevorgrant.org

*"Fortunate is he, who is able to know the causes of things."  -Virgil*

Posted by Joey Frazee <jo...@icloud.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
+1 binding