Posted to dev@tuweni.apache.org by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name> on 2019/04/15 02:36:56 UTC

Choosing a podling chair

Hey all,

Let’s nominate a chair for Tuweni. This has been discussed here a bit before. Now that all mentors are on list, it’s time to get this underway.

Note chair is an administrative role mainly. The chair fills the polling report.

I don’t want to be the chair of the project. As an original committer and an active developer on the project, I’d like others to step in and help out.

Please throw your hat in the ring!

Cheers,

Antoine

Re: Choosing a podling chair

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Indeed the project's community benefits from the flattest structure
possible. I have been the chair of the Apache Trafodion since it started
incubation.As the chair then and now I regarded the activities to perform
to be in the area of communicating (including prepping the quarterly
reporting) and ensuring that what didn't need to be discussed on the pmc's
private mailing list was discussed at the appropriate public list.

We can do a rotational schema while in incubation. And if no other will pop
up,  I will take care of the 1st report.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)
since 2008*