Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2022/01/11 07:10:36 UTC

Remove Jira archived versions?

Hi,

Should we don't remove Jira archived versions and, as explained here*, "remove references to the version[s] to be deleted."

Take this as an example: https://s.apache.org/qttp7 (OFBIZ-12479 is apart)

* https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/managing-versions-938847201.html#Managingversions-Deleteaversion

PS: maybe only versions referenced, or?

Jacques

Re: Remove Jira archived versions?

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi Jacques,

I advise against the removal of archived versions. With the availability of
those, we can get

   - more/better insights in actual versions used when contributors asked
   to set the 'affected version(s) field;
   - contributors can then react quicker to such tickets with:
      - either a 'won't do', or
      - asking for further investigations (if branch is still current)

I would think that for this it would be best to follow the protocol we
apply to tags in the repository (we don't delete tags there).

Met vriendelijke groet,

Pierre Smits
*Proud* *contributor** of* Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/> since
2008 (without privileges)