Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marie-Josée Demay <ma...@sib.fr> on 2002/09/24 14:22:25 UTC

Trouble shooting Tomcat 4.0.3 /SSL

Hello

I am using tomcat 4.0.3 / jsdk 1.4.0 / openssl 0.9.6b.8 on linux redhat 7.2.

When i create a self signed certificate whith "keytool -genkey -alias
omcat  -keyalg RSA  ..."
it works fine .

When i build a CA and i generate a certificate whith the folowing openssl
command :
-1- Certificat Generation
openssl genrsa  -out server.key -des3 1024
openssl req     -new   -days 365 -key server.key -out server.csr

-2- CA signature of the certificate
openssl ca      -out server.crt   -extensions SERVER_SSL

-3- export in X509 format
openssl x509    -in server.crt  -out server.x509
-4- import into keystore :
keytool -import -alias tomcat -trustcacerts  -file server.x509

the tomcat engine start but when i call the starting jsp the page doesnt
appear, there's no error.

I register the ca.crt and the server.crt in my IE 5.5

Can you help me ?

Thanks

MJD