Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/21 00:23:50 UTC

Organization of the documentation for the maven site

Hi devs,

We are currently working in the mavenization of MyFaces, which is
almost complete. The packages and the examples already build ok.
Now, there remain some documentation issues to discuss regarding the
documentation. Maven creates a site for each of the subprojects, which
can be nice because every subproject can have it's own documentation.
We think that we could have a root site with the general documentation
for the project, miniguides (we can get many good information from the
wiki, also), and other documentation; and then we could have the links
to the sites of each of the subproject. Each subproject could contain
the javadocs, description of the module, change logs, development
activity reports, etc. You can try some of these features now in the
svn test zone [1].
With the current maven it is not possible to create this multi-site
thing directly, but they are working on this and I guess it will be
done for the current release soon.

On the other hand, there is also the migration of the current site to
a maven format. I recall that someone said some time ago that there
was a xdoclet task somewhere or something to ease the migration.

Hope to hear more opinions on this,

Bruno

[1] Chekout with 'svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/test/myfaces' and
then run 'mvn site' in the build folder to create the documentation
for everything.