Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Su...@VerizonWireless.com on 2009/04/16 20:58:52 UTC

Help on using -DpomFile option in "mvn deploy:deploy-file" command

Hi,

While using the upload to nexus repository, used the following command
and it worked fine:
	mvn -e deploy:deploy-file -DfilePath=testDir -DartifactId=test
-Dpackaging.type=ear
In this case the pom.xml containg the repository details is in the same
directory.

To make it more generic I tried to run this from another directory and
specified the pom.xml using the -DpomFile option
The command I used was:
	mvn -e deploy:deploy-file -DpomFile=maven/pom.xml
-DfilePath=testDir -DartifactId=test -Dpackaging.type=ear

Basically I moved the pom.xml to another location. However this fails
with the following message:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing for
'deploy:deploy-file'

[0] Inside the definition for plugin 'maven-deploy-plugin' specify the
following:

<configuration>
  <file>VALUE</file>
</configuration>

-OR-

on the command line, specify: '-Dfile=VALUE'

[1] Inside the definition for plugin 'maven-deploy-plugin' specify the
following:

<configuration>
  <url>VALUE</url>
</configuration>

-OR-

on the command line, specify: '-Durl=VALUE'

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error
configuring: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin. Reason:
Invalid or missing parameters: [Mojo parameter [name: 'file'; alias:
'null'], Mojo parameter [name: 'url'; alias: 'null']] for mojo:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.4:deploy-file

Greatly appreciate any help in resolving this issue

Thanks

Surendra

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.

Re: Help on using -DpomFile option in "mvn deploy:deploy-file" command

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
You can find the documentation for the parameters of this plugin goal at
this URL:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-file-mojo.html

You need to supply both the "url" and "file" parameters.

--
Dennis Lundberg

RE: Help on using -DpomFile option in "mvn deploy:deploy-file" command

Posted by Su...@VerizonWireless.com.
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your response. The issue is with the pomFile=<...> option. If
I run the command from the same location as pom.xml, without using the
-DpomFile=<...> option, it works fine and the files are properly
uploaded. However if I move 1 directory up and specify the same pom.xml
file using the pomFile option, it fails.

For the time being, I am cd-ing to the pom.xml location and uploading
the files. It would be nice to have the pomFile option working as then I
can make the uploading generic.

Thanks

Surendra