Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Richard Rowell <ri...@bowmansystems.com> on 2002/09/10 20:38:13 UTC

Performance questions/options

I would like to use Xalan to transform XML documents as they come into
our system.  The documents can be quite large however, possiblly
extremely large.  The documens are nicely divided however into many
discrete records.:

<records>
	<agencies>
		<agency>...
	</agencies>
	<clients>
		<client>...
	</clients>
</records>

I would like to transform each client record individually (and/or each
agency record individually, etc).  I use a (Xerces) SAXParser currently
to parse the input stream, which then hands off to a custom (SAX) event
handler I have written that sticks the values into a RDBMS.  Is there a
way to input Xalan into this process to where it will process the input
stream in record size chunks?

Re: Performance questions/options

Posted by Richard Rowell <ri...@bowmansystems.com>.
How does the TrAX stuff work, does it build a DOM tree then transform,
then produce SAX events from the transformed tree?  My problem is I can
have very large XML files, far to large to build DOM trees out of
without exhausting memory.

Posted by Jon Brisbin <jo...@yahoo.com>.