Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org> on 2018/05/15 03:49:37 UTC

[VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.2 [RC1]

Hello Dubbo Community,

This is a call for vote to release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) version 2.6.2.

The release candidates:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/2.6.2 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/2.6.2>/

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/tree/dubbo-2.6.2 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/tree/dubbo-2.6.2>

Hash for the release tag:
afab04c53edab38d52275d2a198ea1aff7a4f41e

Release Notes:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/releases/tag/untagged-4775c0a22c60fca55118 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/releases/tag/untagged-4775c0a22c60fca55118>

The artifacts have been signed with Key : 28681CB1, which can be found in the keys file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/KEYS <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/KEYS>

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache Dubbo (Incubating) Team

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.2 [RC1]

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
+1

This release looks good. We could follow up the minor issues Justin and
others point out in the next release.

Cheers,
-Ian.

Posted by Yong Zhu <di...@gmail.com>.
+1

All UT passed with JDK 1.8 and JDK 9 on my mac.

Some minor issues I meet:
- When compile sources on JDK 10, a NPE is thrown by
maven-javadoc-plugin:3.0.0, which is a known issue
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49460751/execution-attach-javadocs-of-goal-org-apache-maven-pluginsmaven-javadoc-plugin
- When run test on JDK 9, the process is interrupted by
maven-checkstyle-plugin:3.0.0 accidentally.

Best regards,
Jerrick

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Von Gosling <vo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

+1

I checked:
- name includes incubating
- signatures and hashes correct
- disclaimer exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE correct
- No binary files in release
- Can compile from source
- The binary distribution (with different license and notice files) also looks good.

Some minor problems could be recorded in the next release checklist. Such as, not all source files have apache headers(nat are not always work well), odd unzip file name etc.

Best Regards,
Von Gosling

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

[x] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Details:

* incubator in name
* Disclaimer exists
* sha512 chesum ok
* signature ok
* NOTICE and LICENSE exist in META-INF of jar files of binary release.
* Unit test passed on Java 8 + OSX

Other minor comments:
* The unarchived directory name for
dubbo-incubating-2.6.2-source-release.zip is 'dubbo-parent-2.6.2', may
be better to change to  "dubbo-incubating-2.6.2"
* The link[1] to release notes is not accessible, should be [2], and
it is inaccessible to non-committer, maybe it is better to attach them
to the voting thread.
* dubbo-parent seems took 23+ min in my local environment, I checked
the jstack and it looks like maven-checkstyle-plugin is scanning
directories..

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/releases/tag/untagged-4775c0a22c60fca55118
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/releases/tag/untagged-616b91e8d915fe71a17f

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.2 [RC1]

Posted by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

> Hash for the release tag:
> afab04c53edab38d52275d2a198ea1aff7a4f41e

It’s included in the initial vote email.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.