Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Xuan Wu <xu...@umail.iu.edu> on 2011/08/29 22:40:42 UTC

user name convention: space

I realize it's normal to exclude space in user name, but may I ask if
allowing space in user name would add much complexity in the code?

Re: user name convention: space

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.
On 29 August 2011 22:40, Xuan Wu <xu...@umail.iu.edu> wrote:

> I realize it's normal to exclude space in user name, but may I ask if
> allowing space in user name would add much complexity in the code?

The username restriction is defined in [1] and configured as bean
'newAccountValidator' in [2]. You can create your own validator for custom
username patterns.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rave/trunk/rave-portal/src/main/java/org/apache/rave/portal/web/validator/NewAccountValidator.java
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rave/trunk/rave-portal/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml

Jasha Joachimsthal

Europe - Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam - +31(0)20 522 4466
US - Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 - +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

www.onehippo.com