Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gabriele Kahlout <ga...@mysimpatico.com> on 2011/04/06 11:39:34 UTC

Re: how to reset the index in solr

Hi Marcus,

Your curl cmds don't work in that format on my unix. I conver them as
follows, and they still don't work:

$ curl --fail $solrIndex/update?commit=true -d  '*:*'
$ curl --fail $solrIndex/update -d  ''

>From the browser:
http://localhost:8080/solr/update?commit=true%20-d%20%27%3Cdelete%3E%3Cquery%3E*:*%3C/query%3E%3C/delete%3E%27

This is the response I get.

−

0
18

The only thing that works:
$rm - r SOLR_HOME/solr
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh stop
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh start

I'm running a single core instance.
I'm using this nutch script [1] and this[2] hints at my solr config.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Whole-Web%20Crawling%20incremental%20script
[2]
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Troubleshooting%20HTTP%20Status%20404%20-%20missing%20core%20name%20in%20path?action=recall&rev=1

Re: how to reset the index in solr

Posted by Gabriele Kahlout <ga...@mysimpatico.com>.
Solved. The correct translation of Marcus cmd:
$ curl http://localhost:8080/solr/update?commit=true -H "Content-Type:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2358476/solr-delete-not-working-for-some-reason

NB: the response is still not what I'd expect:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
name="QTime">57</int></lst>
</response>

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Gabriele Kahlout
<ga...@mysimpatico.com>wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
>
> Your curl cmds don't work in that format on my unix. I conver them as
> follows, and they still don't work:
>
> $ curl --fail $solrIndex/update?commit=true -d  '*:*'
> $ curl --fail $solrIndex/update -d  ''
>
> From the browser:
>
> http://localhost:8080/solr/update?commit=true%20-d%20%27%3Cdelete%3E%3Cquery%3E*:*%3C/query%3E%3C/delete%3E%27
>
> This is the response I get.
>
> −
>
> 0
> 18
>

> The only thing that works:
> $rm - r SOLR_HOME/solr
> $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh stop
> $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh start
>
> I'm running a single core instance.
> I'm using this nutch script [1] and this[2] hints at my solr config.
>
> [1]
> http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Whole-Web%20Crawling%20incremental%20script
> [2]
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Troubleshooting%20HTTP%20Status%20404%20-%20missing%20core%20name%20in%20path?action=recall&rev=1

K. Gabriele

--- unchanged since 20/9/10 ---
P.S. If the subject contains "[LON]" or the addressee acknowledges the
receipt within 48 hours then I don't resend the email.
subject(this) ∈ L(LON*) ∨ ∃x. (x ∈ MyInbox ∧ Acknowledges(x, this) ∧ time(x)
< Now + 48h) ⇒ ¬resend(I, this).

If an email is sent by a sender that is not a trusted contact or the email
does not contain a valid code then the email is not received. A valid code
starts with a hyphen and ends with "X".
∀x. x ∈ MyInbox ⇒ from(x) ∈ MySafeSenderList ∨ (∃y. y ∈ subject(x) ∧ y ∈