Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/18 00:00:02 UTC

3.4.1 translations?

I remember seeing a June 28 deadline for translations for 3.4.1 from
Juergen a while back, and I know we are well past that.

But, looking at our area on translate.apache.org, I see the following
language translations are VERY close and am wondering if they will be
included in 3.4.1. I don't know who is working on them but it would be
great to include them if we could.

Asturian
Bulgarian
Catalan
Icelandic
Indonesian
Korean
Norwegian Bokmål
Slovenian
Welsh

new totally complete -- Finnish, English (UK), Khmer, Slovak

Good job so far!

MzK

"I would rather have a donkey that takes me there
 than a horse that will not fare."
                                          -- Portuguese proverb

Re: 3.4.1 translations?

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com
> wrote:

> On 7/18/12 12:00 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> > I remember seeing a June 28 deadline for translations for 3.4.1 from
> > Juergen a while back, and I know we are well past that.
> >
> > But, looking at our area on translate.apache.org, I see the following
> > language translations are VERY close and am wondering if they will be
> > included in 3.4.1. I don't know who is working on them but it would be
> > great to include them if we could.
> >
> > Asturian
> > Bulgarian
> > Catalan
> > Icelandic
> > Indonesian
> > Korean
> > Norwegian Bokmĺl
> > Slovenian
> > Welsh
> >

> only Slovenian will be part of 3.4.1. My approach for including new
> (former supported) languages is that I want to see some volunteers for
> this language coming up and signal interest to help with the language in
> the future. I think that is valid and my idea is to start campaign right
> after the 3.4.1 release to seek for old or new volunteers for the all
> the languages.
>
> But of course we can start it now and any help is appreciated.

Well, OK. I understand...they just seemed very close to complete.

> > new totally complete -- Finnish, English (UK), Khmer, Slovak
> >
> all 4 will be part of 3.4.1

Yes, I saw this on the started "Release Notes 3.4.1" page right after I
sent this. My apologies for not checking sooner. I am slowly working on the
release notes. I need to do more research.

Re: 3.4.1 translations?

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
>> I remember seeing a June 28 deadline for translations for 3.4.1 from
>> Juergen a while back, and I know we are well past that.
>>
>> But, looking at our area on translate.apache.org, I see the following
>> language translations are VERY close and am wondering if they will be
>> included in 3.4.1. I don't know who is working on them but it would be
>> great to include them if we could.
>>
>> Asturian
>> Bulgarian
>> Catalan
>> Icelandic
>> Indonesian
>> Korean
>> Norwegian Bokmål
>> Slovenian
>> Welsh
>>

> only Slovenian will be part of 3.4.1. My approach for including new
> (former supported) languages is that I want to see some volunteers for
> this language coming up and signal interest to help with the language in
> the future. I think that is valid and my idea is to start campaign right
> after the 3.4.1 release to seek for old or new volunteers for the all
> the languages.
>
> But of course we can start it now and any help is appreciated.
>
>> new totally complete -- Finnish, English (UK), Khmer, Slovak
>>
> all 4 will be part of 3.4.1
>
> Juergen

Juergen;

Just updated the Release Notes based on this latest info. Just want to
check if the following updated languages are still on track to be included.
     Dutch
     Spanish
     Italian
     Hungarian