Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jon Allen <Jo...@sas.com> on 2004/01/15 19:09:48 UTC

losing spaces when using zero width space?

Hello.
A while back you good folk taught me to use zero width spaces to allow my text to wrap as I needed it to.
Now I have discovered that spaces in my text are not showing up in the output.
where <zws> is &#x200b;
(I know this is hard to read - sorry)
comes out as "SAMPLETEXT"
instead of "SAMPLE TEXT".
I tried setting white-space-collapse property to false, but that didn't help.
Searched the archives to no avail.
Thanks for any help.
Jon

Re: losing spaces when using zero width space?

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Jon Allen wrote:
> A while back you good folk taught me to use zero width spaces to allow my text to wrap as I needed it to.
> Now I have discovered that spaces in my text are not showing up in the output.
> where <zws> is &#x200b;
> (I know this is hard to read - sorry)
> comes out as "SAMPLETEXT"
> instead of "SAMPLE TEXT".
> I tried setting white-space-collapse property to false, but that didn't help.

I guess the space is lost during XSLT. Run the transformation standalone
and examine the FO file in order to check this.

J.Pietschmann