Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jared Thirsk <jt...@shaw.ca> on 2003/08/28 09:46:10 UTC

Feasibility of 2+ sites in one installation?

Hi,

I'm a little bit familiar with Turbine, and more new to Jetspeed, and trying
to determine if it's feasible to try to do 2 or more different sites
(different navigations, styles, default content etc.) in one jetspeed based
site.
What might be shared is the user login state, and perhaps some content via a
database or local filesystem.  The overall presentation and navigation of the
sites would generally be detected by the URL used to access the site.
I am looking into this but I thought I'd quickly ask if anyone tell me if this
is not a good idea?

Thanks,
Jared