Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Alex Turner (TMS)" <al...@toyota.com> on 2015/03/18 00:46:52 UTC

Memory Settings for local execution context

So the page that talks about settings: http://spark.apache.org/docs/1.2.1/configuration.html seems to not apply when running local contexts.  I have a shell script that starts my job:

xport SPARK_MASTER_OPTS="-Dsun.io.serialization.extendedDebugInfo=true"

export SPARK_WORKER_OPTS="-Dsun.io.serialization.extendedDebugInfo=true"

/Users/spark/spark/bin/spark-submit \

      --class jobs.MyJob \

      --master local[1] \

      --conf spark.executor.memory=8g \

      --conf spark.serializer=org.apache.spark.serializer.KryoSerializer \

      --conf spark.driver.memory=10g \

      --conf spark.executor.extraJavaOptions="-Dsun.io.serialization.extendedDebugInfo=true" \

      target/scala-2.10/my-job.jar

And when I largely remove spark-defaults.conf and spark-env.sh, I get a running job that has only 265MB for Memory for an executor!  I have no setting specified inside the jar for the SparkConf object as far as I can tell.

How can I get my executor memory up to be nice and big?

Thanks,

Alex