Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2005/09/15 20:55:07 UTC

Re: v1.5 on XP fails to load mod_axis2.dll

Hi Peter,

Hmm, this is a complete mystery to me - I've just trawled the code and can
find no instance of "AXIS_HOME" being used anywhere - this is the old
value we used to use before we changed it to AXISCPP_DEPLOY.

What version of the code are you using - I'm guessing recent ?

AND could someone else help here please - I'm bemused !

I'm afraid I don't run the apache version of the server but simple-axis
server doesn't require this env var.

cheers,
John.

Peter <rw...@yahoo.com>
15/09/2005 17:21
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: v1.5 on XP fails to load mod_axis2.dll

Thanks to Stephane for emailing me to confirm that he
has had the same troubles.  He also found the main
problem:  The install instructions
(http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/wininstall-guide.html)
are missing a crucial instruction.

Thanks for the kindness of strangers!

To complete the install:
=> Add another environnment variable:
   AXIS_HOME=[Axis_Folder]
Note that this is the same value as for
AXISCPP_DEPLOY.

After this change, I restarted the Apache Service
Monitor, and apache started right up, and I was able
to run the calculator client application.

NOTE TO THE ADMINISTRATORS: Please either update the
install documentation or explain to me (via private
email please) how you want to work with me to have me
do it.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: v1.5 on XP fails to load mod_axis2.dll

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
We need to revisit the docs for sure. That will save time on the part of
both users as well as developers.

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hmm,  it always used to be that new shells do get to see the changes but
services did not - as they are in the kernel process (or whatever the name
is in Windows!).

Peter <rw...@yahoo.com>
16/09/2005 14:35
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

Apache AXIS C User List <ax...@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject

John Hawkins wrote:
> I can't remember whether reboot is still required
> for env vars in windows

Definitely not required, as my environment changes
would show up in any new shell that I launched after
the changes.  Note that any existing shells and
programs still see the environnment prior to the
change.

This was my reasoning in stopping the server and
monitor in between changes.

Yahoo! for Good

Re: v1.5 on XP fails to load mod_axis2.dll

Posted by Peter <rw...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.
phew - I'm not going mad !
I can't remember whether reboot is still required for env vars in windows
or not (it always used to be required!) - I think most people use a batch
script to start apache ?

Peter <rw...@yahoo.com>
15/09/2005 20:52

Posted by Peter <rw...@yahoo.com>.