Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sebastien Koechlin <sk...@ivision.fr> on 2001/10/18 17:53:42 UTC

Re: problems with Html Generator

Please, do not post in HTML !

> When I install Cocoon for the first time I didn't install the html generator,
> but now I need it so I install it.
>
> I get the file Tidy.jar and i put it on the lib's directory, but when i try
> to use it (even with the cocoon examples ), I get a `can't find file' message

It's not a problem with HTMLGenerator, but with your server :

> java.net.UnknownHostException: www.yahoo.com

The JVM can't resolv www.yahoo.com

Are you using a proxy ?
Did you declare it to the JVM ?
if no, can you ping it ?

Tomcat can be configured to work with a proxy server by specifying the
following directives with the TOMCAT_OPTS system variable:
	-Dhttp.proxyhost=<proxy_address>
	-Dhttp.proxyport=<proxy_port>

--
Sébastien Koechlin - IVision - skoechlin@ivision.fr

RE: problems with Html Generator

Posted by lucas <lp...@etra.es>.
Thank's a lot for your interest !
You where right, as I read in the documentation the problem was related with
my proxy configuration, so I try your solution. Unfortunalety I think I do
something wrong:
My proxy host is http://pinedo on port 80, so, I create the environment
variable with value:

TOMCAT_OPTS :        -Dhttp.proxyhost=http://pinedo -Dhttp.proxyport=80

But the problem persist ¿Is the sintax correct?
Thanks.