Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2012/11/14 13:42:54 UTC

Do we need to list every release on the downloads page?

Should we just list only the latest release on the downloads page?
I presume most people who visit the downloads page will just want to download the lastest version- should we even advertise 1.0?  (probably easier for maintance as well)
http://incubator.apache.org/ctakes/downloads.html

--Pei

Re: Do we need to list every release on the downloads page?

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Yup.  I like it simple.

Sent from my iPad

Posted by Steven Bethard <st...@Colorado.EDU>.

Posted by "Bleeker, Troy C." <Bl...@mayo.edu>.
This was my doing. The previous cTAKES had a roadmap. I think it's usefulness was in the timeline and introduction of features, hence the bullet points for each release. I did not want to add another page to the sidebar for roadmap, so I figured it did not hurt anything to have it with downloads. The current release is the first thing you see on top.

Sounds like enough don't want it on that page. So just delete the info or move it to another page? Would you keep the current release only or include the release candidates?

Thanks
Troy
The releases which are no longer on the download page are archived.
The download page should have a pointer to the Apache archive so that people who are looking for older releases can go there to download them.
Sure, only Apache releases are archived, so it might take you 2 or 3 releases until you have one archived.

Jörn

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.