Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sassien <sa...@hotmail.fr> on 2008/05/28 18:02:46 UTC

[s2] displayTag: get the concerned row's values

Hi all,
I’ve been looking for a solution to ths question for a while, and as a joker
I come here… :-)

So, with the displaytag library, no problem to display things, but I can’t
manage to get a value from it.

Here’s an example (my code):

<display:table 	name="UserList"
id="UserTable">
	<display:column title="User Last name" property="lastName">
	</display:column>
	<display:column title="User First name" property="firstName">
	</display:column>
	<display:column title="User’s Age" property="age">
	</display:column>
	<display:column title="Age Update">
	<s:form>
	<sx:autocompleter
href="%{#getAgeList}"
name="selectedAge"
valueNotifyTopics="/ageChanged"/>
	</s:form>
	</display:column>
</display:table>

This displays a table that shows a list of users: last name, first name,
age, with the possibility of changing the age.
The list “UserList” is given by an action, this works fine.
For the ages, the list is made as a JSONList, this works fine as well.

Now my problem:
When a user wants to modify the age using the autocompleter, how can I get
the value for the Last Name? And especially, how to send this value to the
action?

When I add debug messages in my action, I can see that the variable that
must store the age contains in fact a list of ages, all of them empty,
except the one that has been modified. (, , , 24, , , , , , ,…). But the
value for the LastName, etc, are always null…

I’m sure it is not complicated, but I tried everything I thought about and
now I really have no idea of what to do more.

I hope my question is clear, and of course that someone knows the answer ;-)

Regards,
sassien