Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> on 2011/11/29 10:50:34 UTC

solr - http error 404 when requesting solrconfig.xml or schema.xml

Hi,

got some interesting problem and don't know how to debug further.
I am using an external solr home configured via jndi.
Deployed my war file (context is /apps/solrslave/) and if want to look
at the schema:

/apps/solrslave/admin/file/?contentType=text/xml;charset=utf-8&file=schema.xml

the response is 404.

It doesn't matter if i am using Jetty 7.x, 8.x or Tomcat 6.0.33, 404 is
the answer.

Anyone an idea where to look for?

regards

Torsten

Re: solr - http error 404 when requesting solrconfig.xml or schema.xml

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: To answer myself (sorry for the noise) - removed accidentally the admin handler section (only
: ping was there) and thats causing the issue, after fixing this error,
: all is fine again.

Right, this handler...

  <requestHandler name="/admin/" class="solr.admin.AdminHandlers" />

...automaticly registers most of the /admin/* handlers that people expect.
If you want to remove it you can, but then you manually have to register
"/admin/file"  yourself

-Hoss

Re: solr - http error 404 when requesting solrconfig.xml or schema.xml

Posted by Chantal Ackermann <ch...@btelligent.de>.
Hi Torsten,

some more information would help us to help you:
- does calling /apps/solrslave/admin/ return the Admin Homepage?
- what is the path to your SOLR_HOME
- where in the filesystem are solrconfig.xml and schema.xml (even if
this sounds redundant, maybe they are just misplaced)
- their read permissions (whether the server can access them)
- where the server is looking for them (the value of the JNDI SOLR_HOME,
the output of the logfile telling you which locations is actually being
used as SOLR_HOME, and whether this is where you want it to be)

Cheers,
Chantal