Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by RAUL <ma...@yahoo.es> on 2001/05/15 12:18:17 UTC

Possibly error in RequestDispatcher

Hi,
I include a JSP page via RequestDispatcher.include(request,
responseWrapper), being responseWrapper a subclass of
ServletResponseWrapper. This responseWrapper object has its own
ServletOutputStream, the JSP page must write its out to the
responseWrapper's ServletOutputStream. However, it writes its out to the
response provided by the servlet engine. In addiction, if I change
RequestDispatcher.include(request, responseWrapper) for
RequestDispatcher.forward(request, responseWrapper), the JSP page writes
its out to the responseWrapper's ServletOutputStream.

Thanks a lot.
Raúl.

Yahoo! Messenger: Comunicación instantánea gratis con tu gente -
http://messenger.yahoo.es

Re: Possibly error in RequestDispatcher

Posted by Bip Thelin <bi...@razorfish.com>.
RAUL wrote:

> Hi,
> I include a JSP page via RequestDispatcher.include(request,
> responseWrapper), being responseWrapper a subclass of
> ServletResponseWrapper. This responseWrapper object has its own
> ServletOutputStream, the JSP page must write its out to the
> responseWrapper's ServletOutputStream. However, it writes its out to the
> response provided by the servlet engine. In addiction, if I change
> RequestDispatcher.include(request, responseWrapper) for
> RequestDispatcher.forward(request, responseWrapper), the JSP page writes
> its out to the responseWrapper's ServletOutputStream.

Which version of tomcat? I do this for SsiServlet in TC4, check these files:
org.apache.catalina.util.ssi.SsiInclude
org.apache.catalina.util.ssi.ServletOutputStreamWrapper
org.apache.catalina.util.ssi.ResponseIncludeWrapper

	..bip