Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Suresh Kumar Anaparti <su...@apache.org> on 2022/02/01 11:07:06 UTC

Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.17

+1

Thanks for volunteering again, good luck Nicolas!

Regards,
Suresh

Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.17

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi all,

Given the number of open items in the milestone: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/milestone/21 I would like to propose an extension to the timeline, proposing the 25th April as freeze date for PRs inclusion. The updated timeline will be:
- (3 weeks) Ongoing – 25 April 2022: Accept all bugs, issues, improvements allowed in LTS [1]
- (1 week) Stabilise the 4.17 branch, accept only critical/blocker issues (if any)
- End-April 2022 and onwards: Cut 4.17.0.0 RC1 and further RCs if necessary, start/conclude vote, and finish release work
Please let me know if any objections.
[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LTS

Regards,
Nicolas Vazquez

From: Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>
Date: Tuesday, 15 March 2022 at 07:57
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>, users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [PROPOSE] RM for 4.17
Hi all,

Given the proximity with the version 4.16.1 released this month, I would like to propose some changes to the original timeline, by extending it for a few weeks:

- (3-4 weeks) Ongoing – First weeks April 2022: Accept all bugs, issues, improvements allowed in LTS [1]
- (1 week) Stabilise the 4.17 branch, accept only critical/blocker issues (if any)
- Mid-April 2022 and onwards: Cut 4.17.0.0 RC1 and further RCs if necessary, start/conclude vote, and finish release work

From: Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>
Date: Tuesday, 1 February 2022 at 11:20
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>, dev <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Thanks all for your support!

I propose the following timelines for the 4.17.0.0 release, which is targeted for Q1/Q2 2022.

- (7-8 weeks) Ongoing – Mid March 2022: Accept all bugs, issues, improvements allowed in LTS [1]
- (1 week) Stabilise the 4.17 branch, accept only critical/blocker issues (if any)
- End March 2022 and onwards: Cut 4.17.0.0 RC1 and further RCs if necessary, start/conclude vote, and finish release work

My colleague Boris will assist me during the process for reviewing/testing/merging the PRs. You can find the open issues and PRs at the 4.17.0.0 Github milestone [2]. Ping me (@nvazquez) or Boris (@borisstoyanov) on your issues and PRs, that are to be included in 4.17.0.0.

Looking forward for your support on bug fixes, reviews, tests, etc. Thanks.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LTS
[2] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/milestone/21

Regards,
Nicolas Vazquez