Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by neuron005 <ne...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/23 13:13:25 UTC

How to configure /select handler ?

Another newbie question here................
Browse handler works perfect. Now I want to configure my "/select" handler
so that I perform ajax-solr on it.
How to perform it. The website
https://github.com/evolvingweb/ajax-solr
https://github.com/evolvingweb/ajax-solr
explains how to perform it. I want to do the same by configuring my /sect
handler or I should create a new handler?
Thanks in advance

Re: How to configure /select handler ?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Another newbie question here................
: Browse handler works perfect. Now I want to configure my "/select" handler
: so that I perform ajax-solr on it.
: How to perform it. The website
: https://github.com/evolvingweb/ajax-solr
: https://github.com/evolvingweb/ajax-solr
: explains how to perform it. I want to do the same by configuring my /sect
: handler or I should create a new handler?
: Thanks in advance

I'm not entirely sure i understand your question ... you haven't really
explained how you want to configure requests to /select, or what problems
you are having.

Some comments that may help you:

/select was historicaly the main way to "query" Solr, and you picked the
request handler you wanted using the "qt" param.  This is still supported,
so you can configure whatever handler name you want as "foo" and use it
via "/select?qt=foo" ... or you can configure one request handler as
'default="true"' and then use it via "/select" w/o a qt param.  Or you can
explicitly configure a handler with the name "/select" and override the
default behavior so that the 'qt' param is completely ignored.

-Hoss