Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Siggelkow, Bill" <bi...@mirant.com> on 2003/02/12 20:45:08 UTC

Use of role attribute for logic:present

I have an app where I have created my own RequestProcessor to override the processRoles functionality.  Specifically, my roles take into account certain session information.  This works as expected and properly handles the 'roles' attribute in my action mappings.  However, I naievly (sp?) made the assumption that the role attribute of the logic:present tag would use this same functionality -- but it doesn't.  It seems that the <logic:present role="somerole"> only does a request.isUserInRole("somerole") -- it seems to me that if I override the processing of roles it should affect both the action mappings as well as the logic tags (and any other Struts tags) that use the 'role' attribute.  Has this been considered?

Bill Siggelkow
678.579.6458
Mirant
http://www.mirant.com