Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2016/04/23 04:51:30 UTC

[VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.19 release candidate (RC0) is available

The 1st HBase 0.98.19 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/0.98.19RC0/ and Maven
artifacts are also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1135 .

The detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release with
respect to the previous is available for your review at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/0.98.19RC0/0.98.18_0.98.19RC0_compat_report.html
. There are no reported problems or warnings.

The 43 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/9AiE

I have made the following preliminary assessments of this candidate:
- Build with source artifact with RAT and enforcers enabled (-Prelease)
completes successfully
- Unit test suite passes 20 of 20 iterations (7u79)
- Loaded 1M rows with LTT (10 readers, 10 writers,
​10 updaters @ ​
20%), nothing unusual logged,
​ all keys verified,​
reported latencies in the ballpark
- Built and ran unit tests with head of Apache Phoenix 4.x-HBase-0.98
branch, looks good (7u79)

Signed with my code signing key 4B6D7DF3.

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for
at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to close it Friday April 29,
2016 if we have sufficient votes. Three +1 votes from PMC will be required
to release.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.19 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Downloaded, verified hash and signature (I need to sign yours next time you
are around A).

Built from src.
Started it.
Loaded data and verified it all made it there (even after restart).
Checked logs.
Poked around the layout and build.

St.Ack

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
Sure thing. Filed HBASE-15738

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
+1

[RESULT] [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.19 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
My vote is also +1 so with 4 binding +1 votes and no 0 or -1 vote this vote has passed and we have 0.98.19. I will release the artifacts and send out the release announcement shortly.

Thanks to all who voted on this candidate!

Posted by la...@apache.org.