Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Antonio Sánchez <an...@yahoo.es> on 2008/08/05 17:16:04 UTC

dblook fails to connect my authenticated database

Derby 10.4.1.3, Java HotSpot 1.6.0_06-b02, Ubuntu 8.04

Hello.

I can't find the way of succeeding with dblook on a database that
requires authentication, but is working fine with non-authenticated
databases. Also, I can connect the database using ij and of course from
my java application.

In my case:

"dblook -d jdbc:derby:mydb;user=sa;password=derby"

I'm sure the user/password and the url are correct.

Any hint about this? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Antonio.

dblook.log content:

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: Se ha producido una
anomalía de autenticación de conexión.  Razón: Autenticación no válida..
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.checkUserCredentials(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection40.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:207)
        at org.apache.derby.tools.dblook.go(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.tools.dblook.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.tools.dblook.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Se ha producido una anomalía de
autenticación de conexión.  Razón: Autenticación no válida..
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
Source)
        ... 17 more

Re: dblook fails to connect my authenticated database

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
I posted a reply on DERBY-3848.

Dag

Re: dblook fails to connect my authenticated database

Posted by Antonio Sánchez <an...@yahoo.es>.
FYI.

I have reported it as a bug: DERBY-3848

Re: dblook fails to connect my authenticated database

Posted by Antonio Sánchez <an...@yahoo.es>.
Hi Rick.

Quoting the url was also what I first tried, but dblook still rejects the
connection. Actually this is a very strange issue, I'm thinking of reporting
it as a bug. Is anyone experiencing this too?

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Antonio.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.