Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Hebert Christophe <ch...@prosodie.com> on 2011/08/22 11:53:21 UTC

[dbcp] 1.3.1 release

Hi,

I am working on a project (java 1.5 ) for my company where I use an old
version of the common DBCP library (1.2.2).

Unfortunately, I was reported an issue that is well known by your team:
DBCP-342 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-342>  and  DBCP-353
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-353> .

I fixed the bug by compiling the patch made for these issues
corrections.

But I still have two questions:

1-      If I compile the last source code with all newest corrections by
myself, is the library will be stable enough to work with? The library
will be deployed in production environment and can have critical impact
for our clients.

2-      Do you known, approximately, when the next release (1.3.1) will
be ready? I know it's a hard question, but an answer will be helpful for
my future deployments and my project planning.

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards.

Christophe Hebert

Re: [dbcp] 1.3.1 release

Posted by Phil Steitz <ps...@apache.org>.
On 8/22/11 2:53 AM, Hebert Christophe wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am working on a project (java 1.5 ) for my company where I use an old
> version of the common DBCP library (1.2.2).
>
> Unfortunately, I was reported an issue that is well known by your team:
> DBCP-342 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-342>  and  DBCP-353
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-353> .
>

> I fixed the bug by compiling the patch made for these issues
> corrections.
>

> But I still have two questions:
>

> 1-      If I compile the last source code with all newest corrections by
> myself, is the library will be stable enough to work with? The library
> will be deployed in production environment and can have critical impact
> for our clients.

Only you can answer that question.  There are some additional issues
open against 1.3.1 and the code in the 1_X branch is obviously not
an official ASF release.  You can see the changelog since the 1.3
release in the changes.xml file and look at the JIRA issues
referenced there to get a feel for what has changed since 1.3.

> 2-      Do you known, approximately, when the next release (1.3.1) will
> be ready? I know it's a hard question, but an answer will be helpful for
> my future deployments and my project planning.

Thanks for the nudge.  Recent work has been focused primarily on the
2.0 branch.  We do not have a release plan yet for 1.3.1.  Check on
the dev list for updates.

Phil