Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Puneet Varma <nr...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/17 15:33:39 UTC

Regular Expression

I have used the following regular expression for the value
2C94854D656354990165E824FA460175  with the regular expression
value="(.+?)" />

it is not working.  it is a check box, Id changes every time I am running
it.

Any help is greatly appreciate it.

Re: Regular Expression

Posted by "glinius@live.com" <gl...@live.com>.
Mind that  using Regular Expressions for HTML response types might be not the
best idea <https://stackoverflow.com/a/1732454/2897748>   as regular
expressions are hard to develop/maintain/understand, they are fragile, they
are sensitive to markup changes (i.e. if order of attributes changes or
there will be a line break - it will run your regex).

So consider going for  CSS/JQuery Extractor
<http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#CSS/JQuery_Extractor>
instead, the configuration would be as simple as:

CSS Selection Expression:* input[id=sg:cf:b:0]*
Attribute: *value*

Demo:

<http://www.jmeter-archive.org/file/t340375/Screen_Shot_2018-09-20_at_16.png>

More information:  How to Use the CSS/JQuery Extractor in JMeter
<https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/how-use-cssjquery-extractor-jmeter>

--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html

Re: Regular Expression

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
name=" sg:cf:b"\s+checked="checked"\s+value="([^"]+)" should work - The
reason you have to add the name is because there are likely other html
elements. Its upto you if you want to retain the checked part (will break
whenever your html changes slightly) v/s a more generic .+? which is
inefficient. If you are willing to give up some efficiency and memory ,the
XPath selectors usually work better for HTML elements (in the sense of
easier to read and logical in how they deal with attributes)

Your original expression had   /> which is not in your text , so it would
not have worked (As well as you are likely to have matched some other value.

regards
deepak

Re: Regular Expression

Posted by Puneet Varma <nr...@gmail.com>.