Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jian Shu <sh...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/10 15:03:59 UTC

What's difference between Objectgrid and Hadoop MapReduce

Hi,

I found ObjectGrid is very similar to Hadoop MapReduce. Could anyone help me
compare it? I knew Hadoop provided not only MapReduce but HDFS.  If
ObjectGrid could do the same thing as MapReduce, why do we still re-invent
it?

My Blog:
http://trip-in-life.spaces.live.com

Re: What's difference between Objectgrid and Hadoop MapReduce

Posted by Bob Futrelle <bo...@gmail.com>.
It is true that if you Google on

objectgrid mapreduce

you get some documents that describe how map and reduce can be
implemented. They also support replication, etc.  But is it open
source?  Looks more like an IBM product to me, used as a back end for
webapps.

 -- Bob Futrelle