Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Fisher <jo...@springventuregroup.com> on 2015/02/08 19:33:29 UTC

Just curious, what parts of JEE is everyone using?

Just want to here some feedback on the parts everyone is *actually*
using... A list to glance off of is here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Platform,_Enterprise_Edition

Here's our list:

   - EJB3 (Only because of Transaction support)
   - JMS
   - JAX-RS
   - CDI / @Inject
   - JTA
   - Bean Validation
   - Servlets / Filters
   - JPA

Thanks,
-Jonathan

--
Email Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this
transmission is confidential, proprietary or privileged and may be subject

Re: Just curious, what parts of JEE is everyone using?

Posted by "Leonardo K. Shikida" <sh...@gmail.com>.
Primefaces +1 here too

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Jonathan Fisher <jo...@springventuregroup.com>.

Posted by Bjorn Danielsson <bj...@lists.cuspycode.com>.
EJB 3.1 (stateless local)
JPA
JTA
JAX-RS
Servlet 3.0
JavaMail
JAXB
JSP

--
Bjorn Danielsson
Cuspy Code AB

Re: Just curious, what parts of JEE is everyone using?

Posted by Vincenzo D'Amore <v....@gmail.com>.
EJB3
JAX-RS
JAX-WS
CDI
JTA

Re: Just curious, what parts of JEE is everyone using?

Posted by Anthony Fryer <ap...@hotmail.com>.
JCA is hardcore and does require alot of boilerplate that takes some getting
used to and if all you need is a "connection pool", then the value of it is
questionable when you can easily use something like apache commons pool to
implement a quick easy solution.  But when you start wanting to use
transactions with that external system you're connecting to, even if they're
only resource local, you start getting value out of JCA.  I think JCA could
be massively improved in a similar way EJBs improved from version 2 to 3.  I
haven't yet looked at the changes in JCA in jee7 but if i'm not mistaken,
didn't David Blevins have alot of input into the new JCA spec?

Most people listed JMS and JPA (which require datastores) as parts of the
stack they're using, so they're also using JCA under the hood right?

Re: Just curious, what parts of JEE is everyone using?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
to defend them a bit JCA API is full of boilerplate (IIRC there is
even a "common-jca" module allowing you to write only "business") so
it is often faster and more efficient (in term of
maintenance/knowledge) to not use them + it allows your app to be
responsible of the injections (and not @Resource) which is for some
teams what is looked for. As usual not the silver bullet

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com
http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com
https://github.com/rmannibucau

Posted by Anthony Fryer <ap...@hotmail.com>.
Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
pretty decent stack.

JCA (outbound connection pool with transaction support)

Very cool part of Java EE but not well known.
Thanks for sharing

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Posted by Yann Blazart <ya...@bycode.fr>.
Damned phone.

Not "all of the année too"  but all of the above too

Posted by Yann Blazart <ya...@bycode.fr>.
All of the année too.

:

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Jcache is on tomee 2 snapshot yes

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
i'm doing the following:

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 4:41 PM, Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <it...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> For us...
>
> EJB3 (Singleton, Stateless, MessageDriven mostly - Tx, @Asynchronous, EJB
> @Schedule)
>

> JMS (Active MQ bundled with TomEE++)
>

> CDI @ApplicationScoped, @RequestScoped, @SessionScoped, @ViewScoped
>

> JTA
> Bean Validation
> Servlets / Filters

JSF 2.2 (MyFaces)

Re: Just curious, what parts of JEE is everyone using?

Posted by Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <it...@gmail.com>.
For us...

Posted by "Leonardo K. Shikida" <sh...@gmail.com>.
Ejb, jms, jax, servlets, jpa