Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2009/02/11 23:52:13 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Start using bugtraq in our subversion repository

Hi

I would like to start using bugtraq [1] in our subversion repositories.
If we set a bunch of svn properties in the repository, then version
control tools can link to issues in JIRA.

What do you think?

[1] http://tortoisesvn.net/issuetracker_integration

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [PROPOSAL] Start using bugtraq in our subversion repository

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Hi Brian

bugtrac works the other way round. It created links to JIRA from your
version control tool. This will only happen for tools that support
bugtraq, so it's not an enforcement tool. For clients that don't support
bugtraq it makes no difference. The only thing that is changed in the
svn repo are some properties on a root folder that corresponds to a JIRA
project.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Nope it's just another one of the bugtraq options that can take a regex.
Been a few years since I looked at it so I don't recall the exact
setting.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>
>> I would like to start using bugtraq [1] in our subversion repositories.
>> If we set a bunch of svn properties in the repository, then version
>> control tools can link to issues in JIRA.
>
> +1.
>
> Will it automatically parse [MNG-XXXX] or does a committer need to take
> special steps?

The pattern for a JIRA ticket for a project is put into specially named
Subversion properties. This is a one time configuration done in the
Subversion repository root for said project. After that anyone with a
bugtraq-aware Subversion client can enjoy the benefits.

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
There has been no votes against this proposal, so I will go ahead and
add bugtraq properties to SVN for the projects I work on.

If someone wants this for a project and doesn't know how to set it up,
please contact me and I'll give a helping hand.