Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com> on 2012/11/02 01:28:13 UTC

0.20 release update - beta postponed, alpha 2 available

Hi, folks.  I have updated our schedule on the release page to reflect the
previously discussed postponement.  The 0.20 beta date is now November
14th.

I've produced a second alpha.  Thanks, Robbie, for the helpful
suggestion.  It's from revision 1404590 of trunk, and you can get it here:

   http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.20-alpha2/

I did test builds (no issues) but nothing further this time.  Please give
it a try and report your findings.

Thanks!  As ever, raise your voice if you have questions or concerns.

Justin

---
0.20 release page: https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/020-release.html

Re: 0.20 release update - beta postponed, alpha 2 available

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 11/02/2012 12:28 AM, Justin Ross wrote:
> Hi, folks.  I have updated our schedule on the release page to reflect
> the previously discussed postponement.  The 0.20 beta date is now
> November 14th.

If possible, I'd like a little more time to wrap up the AMQP 1.0 work
for c++ for the 0.20 release (even another day or so would make a big
difference).

I'm happy to make the changes on a release branch if people are keen to
get the trunk unfrozen again. The changes would be confined to the 1.0
implementation code (which incidentally was broken by QPID-4272, though
I have fixes ready for that).

Re: 0.20 release update - beta postponed, alpha 2 available

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
Hi,

I pulled down alpha two and did a make && make check on my Debian 6 686 VM.

The first "make check" succeeded without incident.  Ran it again, and the

ha_tests.ReplicationTests.test_backup_required

test hung for about 45 minutes, until I ^C the build.

All other tests passed.

-K

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
I spun a windows VS2010-x86 build and everything worked as expected. -Chuck