Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2021/02/10 12:28:55 UTC

[DISCUSS] Participate in Outreachy program?

Hi all,

right now Apache is collecting proposals for Outreachy Stipendia.
These Stipendia are intended to help diversify communities by funding participants work for under-represented groups.

I know we have some folks interested in PLC4X which could qualify for such stipendia.

If we want to apply, we need to do the following:

  *   Define a task
  *   Provide someone willing to act as mentor

I would like to propose two possible options:

  1.  Implement PLC4Net and port the most important drivers
  2.  Port the most important drivers to Go

I would be willing to acta s Mentor for both of these.

What do you think?

Chris

Re: [DISCUSS] Participate in Outreachy program?

Posted by Lukas Ott <ot...@gmail.com>.
+1

Potentially we could ask for university student to do their thesis in this
topic?

@Matthias Strljic @Julian Feinauer @Dominik Riemer may know some students
interested in C# or Go Implementation as their thesis project?

Lukas