Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian Hayward <bh...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/04 15:42:46 UTC

[users@httpd] mod proxy marking workers bad

Hello,

We are using ProxyPass and ProxyReversePass within Apache 2.2.2.

Every once in a while we get a connection timed out, this results in
mod_proxy disabling the worker for 60 seconds by default which doesn't
work well for us.  We started off by setting "retry=1" so it only
marks it bad for 1 second, but we still lose up to 10 requests for
each failure because of this. (Given the volume of the application).

Is there another tunable parameter that can tell mod_proxy not to mark
the worker bad at all?  retry=0 is not accepted.

Here is the message in the logs:
"[Thu May 03 15:40:31 2007] [error] (145)Connection timed out: proxy:
HTTPS: attempt to connect to _IPADDRESS_:443 (_hostname_) failed"
[Tue May 03 15:40:31 2007] [error] ap_proxy_connect_backend disabling
worker for (_hostname_)

Thanks,
Brian Hayward