Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by a....@tiscalinet.it on 2001/01/22 23:44:49 UTC

wich proposal for Schema does xerces conform to?

I'm trying and writing a Schema, but I don't know to wich proposal of Schema  Xerces conforms to:
I know that Xerces implements only a subset of the W3C XML Schema Language, but some feature are
implemented in a different way than those specified by the W3C Language.

My questions are:
- where I can find the Language implemented by Xerces? (It's not properly a subset of the W3C: "derivedBy" or "content"
	are not used in the W3C Language)

if there's not such specification, how can I specify a derived element?
	I tried with
		<xsd:complexType name="OggettoGenericoType" content="elementOnly">
			<xsd:element	 name="Descrizione" minOccurs="0"/>
			<xsd:attribute name="id" type="ID" use="required"/>
			<xsd:attribute name="marca" type="string" use="default" value="unknown"/>
		</xsd:complexType>

		<xsd:complexType name="ApplicativoType" content="elementOnly" derivedBy=OggettoGenericoType>
			<xsd:attribute name="tipo" type="string" use="required"/>
		</xsd:complexType>

	but I get
		Schema error: ComplexType: Invalid value for 'derivedBy'

Thanks (and excuse me for my English)

Andrea Molia

Re: wich proposal for Schema does xerces conform to?

Posted by Ian Roberts <ir...@decisionsoft.com>.
> 		<xsd:complexType name="ApplicativoType"
>               content="elementOnly" derivedBy=OggettoGenericoType>

this needs to be:

<xsd:complexType name=".." content=".." base="OggettoGenericoType"
		derivedBy="extension" >

Ian

--
Ian Roberts                     | irr@decisionsoft.com