Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Puppala, Kumar (LNG-DAY)" <ku...@lexisnexis.com> on 2005/02/23 23:20:29 UTC

Blank Pages between Page Sequences.

I have the document which uses the following page-sequences:

<fo:layout-master-set>

Have 'first', 'rest' and 'cover-end-page' page-sequences defined here....

<fo:page-sequence-master

   master-name="cover-end-sequence">

       <fo:repeatable-page-master-reference
master-reference="cover-end-page"/>

</fo:page-sequence-master>

<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="document">

       <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="first"

         master-reference="first"/>

       <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="rest"

         master-reference="rest"/>

   </fo:page-sequence-master>

 </fo:layout-master-set>

Now if I try to render a document containing 'cover-end-sequence' followed
by 'document' sequence, the different case results are as shown:

Case 1:

    If the cover-end-sequence rendering content fits in a single page and
the 'intial-page-number' property is set on the 'document' sequence:

  In this case, a blank page is inserted between these two sequences.

Case 2:

    If the cover-end-sequence rendering content extends more than a single
page:

   In this case the document is rendered without any blank page ( the
correct behavior) irrespective of the intial-page-number' property on the
'document' sequence.

Case 3:

    If the cover-end-sequence rendering content fits in a single page and
the 'intial-page-number' property is not set on the 'document' sequence:

   In this case the document is rendered without any blank page ( the
correct behavior).

Case 4:

  If we use the 'document' page-sequence-master as shown below (not
containing any 'fo:conditional-page-master-reference' objects):

                        <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="document">

                                    <fo:single-page-master-reference
master-reference="first"/>

                                    <fo:repeatable-page-master-reference
master-reference="rest"/>

                        </fo:page-sequence-master>

In this case the document is rendered without any blank page ( the correct
behavior).

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the correct behavior in Case 1. I
have tested this using AntennaHouse and found similar results. I am not sure
if this is a bug in both Apache and AntennaHouse (0R) if it is the desired
behavior. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kumar Puppala

Re: Blank Pages between Page Sequences.

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Puppala, Kumar (LNG-DAY) wrote:

<snip/>

> Does anyone know if there is a way to get the correct behavior in Case
> 1. I have tested this using AntennaHouse and found similar results. I am
> not sure if this is a bug in both Apache and AntennaHouse (0R) if it is
> the desired behavior. Any input is greatly appreciated.

This is a FAQ. See:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#blank-page-between-page-sequences

Chris