Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2006/08/31 14:44:59 UTC

Classpath: entries in Java EEmanifests

SR-000244 JavaTM Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 Specification  (Final
Release), page 156.
  http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr244/index.html

"The Manifest file is named META-INF/MANIFEST.MF in the JAR
file. The Class-Path entry in the Manifest file is of the form
Class-Path: list-of-jar-files-or-directories-separated-by-spaces"

aah, so easily it is done. Even the people that write the specs on how
to to deploy enterprise applications don't understand about manifest
wrapping.

I've dropped a note telling them off.

-steve

Re: Classpath: entries in Java EEmanifests

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Steve,

on top of that they should write :
Class-Path: list-of-relative-URLs-of-jar-files-or-directories-separated-by-spaces

and give a hint that relative-URLs mean in practice : non ASCII characters and spaces and I do not know what are % encoded based on the byte(s) representation of the character in UTF-8.

Regards,

Antoine
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:44:59 +0100