Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by him_aeng <hi...@yahoo.co.th> on 2008/06/24 14:11:32 UTC

Many entities that should has foreign key but it not, why?

I see you intent to make two of compound key (budgetId and budgetItemSeqId)
of PaymentBudgetAllocation entity have relation-type = nofk that not similar
to "The Data Model Resource Book Vol.1" in Figure 8.10. I think you have to
has a good reason for implementation

/applications/accounting/entitydef/entitymodel.xml

<entity entity-name="PaymentBudgetAllocation"
            package-name="org.ofbiz.accounting.payment"
            title="Payment Budget Allocation Entity">
      <field name="budgetId" type="id-ne"></field>
      <field name="budgetItemSeqId" type="id-ne"></field>
      <field name="paymentId" type="id-ne"></field>
      <field name="amount" type="currency-amount"></field>
      <prim-key field="budgetId"/>
      <prim-key field="budgetItemSeqId"/>
      <prim-key field="paymentId"/>
      <relation type="one" fk-name="PAYMENT_BA_BDGT"
rel-entity-name="Budget">
        <key-map field-name="budgetId"/>
      </relation>
 - <relation type="one-nofk" rel-entity-name="BudgetItem">
+ <relation type="one" fk-name="PAYMENT_BUDGIT"
rel-entity-name="BudgetItem">
        <key-map field-name="budgetId"/>
        <key-map field-name="budgetItemSeqId"/>
      </relation>
      <relation type="one" fk-name="PAYMENT_BA_PMT"
rel-entity-name="Payment">
        <key-map field-name="paymentId"/>
      </relation>
    </entity>

and another question in the same figure in the book (Figure 8.10). In
order_item entity has two attribute that is budgetId and budgetItemSeqId but
you don't use it to link to budget_item entity, and I don't know why?

/applications/order/entitydef/entitymodel.xml

<entity entity-name="OrderItem"
            package-name="org.ofbiz.order.order"
            never-cache="true"
            title="Order Item Entity">
      <field name="orderId" type="id-ne"></field>
      <field name="orderItemSeqId" type="id-ne"></field>
      <field name="externalId" type="id"></field>
      <field name="orderItemTypeId" type="id-ne"></field>
      <field name="orderItemGroupSeqId" type="id-ne"></field>
      <field name="isItemGroupPrimary" type="indicator"></field>
      <field name="fromInventoryItemId" type="id"></field>
      <field name="budgetId" type="id"></field>
      <field name="budgetItemSeqId" type="id"></field>
+ <relation type="one" fk-name="ORDER_ITEM_BUDGET_ITEM"

Re: Many entities that should has foreign key but it not, why?

Posted by him_aeng <hi...@yahoo.co.th>.
Thank you very much for your kindly reply. Your reply make my brain get fresh
(but still dumb)

Thank you again
Tanakorn Numrubporn

Posted by him_aeng <hi...@yahoo.co.th>.
Thank you for your cool reply.

Best Regards
Tanakorn Numrubporn

Posted by Mridul Pathak <mr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by him_aeng <hi...@yahoo.co.th>.

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
The relation-type = nofk is used when we need a relation but don't want to
apply foreign key constraints on it.
This relation comes in existance only when we need to use the attribute of a