Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by "Honig, Daniel" <DH...@tiaa-cref.org> on 2003/04/10 19:57:15 UTC

RE: description property in cache.ccf

I've been looking at JCS alot over the past few months.
I'd like to take JMX and provide a management inteface to JCS via JMX.

One of the things I would like to do is to be able to introspect on each
region.
There are a very small number of metrics that can be assembled about each
cache
currently.

What properties would CacheAttribute have?

Posted by "Baum, Karl" <Ka...@Tallan.com>.
It is possible to introspect a region with the CompositeCacheManager.
This allows you to find information about the settings of a cache as
well as the elements and all of their settings.  Take a look at this
class for examples:

	org.apache.jcs.admin.servlet.JCSAdminServlet

This is class shows how to retrieve the settings and elements inside a
cache.  One of the objects you have access to is the CacheAttributes.
Currently this has numerous cache settings.  I am proposing to add an
optional setting called description, allowing developers to explain the
purpose of the predefined cache.