Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Stewart <ti...@logoworks.com> on 2004/03/24 20:48:22 UTC

Building Jk2 isapi with VS.net Not working

I followed the instructions in the build.txt.  I got the source for httpd and copied the srclib over to

native2\srclib.

The instructions say to open the isapi.dsw.  There is no dsw in the native2 directory there but there is in the native directory.
under native2\server\isapi there is an isapi.dsp.  I opened the dsp and fixed the problems with the quotes around the ${input} params.

Now it complains about not being able to find the apr.h.  Do I have to add some reference to the project so that it knows where to find this apr?  I was able to open the apr project and build

apr.h shows up now in native2\srclib\apr\include

so I modified the includes directory to include everything that was needed from the apache dirs

I also modified the linker to include the correct libs.

When I build and deploy IIS can't load the dll.  Its not my configuration cause I can replace the dll with the old one and it works fine.  Something is wrong with the way I am building.

Is there some way to define APACHE_HOME and how should I build apache?

Thanks,
Tim

Quick information on building mod_jk2 :

* IIS

There is a known issue with the latest APR 1.0 and MSVC6.
If you want to use MSVC6, please use APR 0.9.x for now.
MSVC7 doesn't have this issue, and could be used with APR 1.0.

Isapi redirector requires the following libraries to build:
apr, apr-util, apr-iconv and pcre.
The easiest way to obtain all those libraries is to download
the httpd-2.0.49-win32-src.zip from http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd or
from any of the mirror sites.
You will only need the srclib part (apr, apr-util, apr-iconv and pcre)
Unzip the entire srclib folder to j-t-c native2 folder.
Now open the isapi.dsw from MSVC6 and build.

Building using VS.NET:
Make sure that the required libraries are inside native2/srclib.
Open the idapi.dsw and select 'Yes to all' when prompted to convert the project.
During conversion the custom build adds extra quotations for
jk_logger_win32_message.mc. Right click on that file and select Properties.
For Custom Build Step remove all the quotations around ${InputDir}
and ${InputPath}.