Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2002/02/01 01:10:18 UTC

PMC Nomination - Ceki Gulcu

I nominate Ceki Gulku to be a candidate for the PMC election.

Ceki is the force of nature behind log4j, a member of the ASF, until
recently a member of the PMC, and one who I find is generally clear thinking
and fair when it comes to open source development and community issues.

Of course, his debates with Peter are something else entirely... :)

geir

System and Software Consulting

Re: PMC Nomination - Ceki Gulcu

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Geir, Daniel, thanks for the nomination but I have to decline. Other
commitments are taking much of my time and I could not dedicate the
required attention to PMC related matters.  Besides, one does not have
to be a PMC member to contribute effectively to Jakarta.

By the way, I like to congratulate Dirk-Willem van Gulik, Jim
Jagielski, Ben Laurie and Sam Ruby for the organization of these
elections. Well done, very professional work. Drafting such precise
election rules (in our very distributed environment) is an achievement
in itself. With hindsight, it now seems so easy.

--
Ceki Gülcü

Re: PMC Nomination - Ceki Gulcu

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.