Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by BlueFox <bl...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/21 06:04:24 UTC

tmp_storage created even with presistence turned on? (ActiveMQ 5.0)

Here's my broker configuration
<broker brokerName="localhost" useJmx="false"
		xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0" persistent="true">
		<transportConnectors>
			<transportConnector uri="${broker}" />
		</transportConnectors>
		<persistenceAdapter>
			<amqPersistenceAdapter directory="${dataDirectory}"/>
		</persistenceAdapter>
</broker>
The AMQ message store store the persistent files in the dataDirectory I
specified, however in my working directory I still have a empty
activemq-data\localhost\tmp_storage that gets created everytime I start the
broker. Is this a known bug? I know that there's a patch to not create the
directory when persistent is set to false, but is it suppose to be created
when persistent is turned on? Also, shouldn't it at least be created under
the dataDirectory specified?

Re: tmp_storage created even with presistence turned on? (ActiveMQ 5.0)

Posted by Diego Castorina <di...@func.nl>.
The reason why it does not work is that you forgot to add the attribute
start="true" to the broker declaration.
When the AMQConnectionFactory tries to connect to the broker it does not
find it (since you have not started it yet) and than creates and start a new
one using default values. The new broker will create the directory
activemq-data/localhost which will be the one actually used by your
application :)
Maybe it would be better to make the AMQConnectionFactory throwing an
Exception if it does not find the broker at the url specified