Posted to user@struts.apache.org by di...@jpmorgan.com on 2006/01/27 01:37:25 UTC

Action Form error.

Somehow I am  getting   ActionForm is null when one of the Action is
called.

How can I find out if ActionForm object was created after jsp forwarded to
ActionServlet. ?

Here is my details.

web.action.SectorAction  has

public ActionForward setUpForInsertOrUpdate(ActionMapping mapping,
ActionForm form, HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
throws Exception {
        SectorForm sectForm = (SectorForm)form;
struts-config.xml   has

                <action
                path="/sectorSetUp"
                name="sectorForm"
                type="web.action.SectorAction"
                scope="request"
                parameter="dispatch">
            <forward name="success" path="/sectorForm.jsp"/>
        </action>

I am getting exception

        java.lang.NullPointerException
                 at web.action.SectorAction.isUpdate(SectorAction.java:92)
                 at
web.action.SectorAction.setUpForInsertOrUpdate(SectorAction.java:36)
                 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
                 at
                 at

What is going on ?

Thanks.

Digant
This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices,
data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
and affiliates

Re: Action Form error.

Posted by Deepa Khetan <de...@gmail.com>.
Did u define ur form-bean in struts config?