Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> on 2020/08/01 05:16:26 UTC

Re: [VOTE] 2.6.0 RC2

Thank you, Randall for driving this release.

+1 (binding) after verifying signatures and hashes, building from sources,
running unit/integration tests and some manual tests with the 2.13 build.

Two minor things:
1. There were two sitedoc files - 2.12 and 2.13, we don't really need two
sitedocs generated. Not a big deal, but maybe worth tracking and fixing.
2. I got one test failure locally:

org.apache.kafka.trogdor.agent.AgentTest.testAgentGetStatus failed, log
available in
/Users/gwenshap/releases/2.6.0-rc2/kafka-2.6.0-src/tools/build/reports/testOutput/org.apache.kafka.trogdor.agent.AgentTest.testAgentGetStatus.test.stdout

org.apache.kafka.trogdor.agent.AgentTest > testAgentGetStatus FAILED
    java.lang.RuntimeException:
        at
org.apache.kafka.trogdor.rest.RestExceptionMapper.toException(RestExceptionMapper.java:69)
        at
org.apache.kafka.trogdor.rest.JsonRestServer$HttpResponse.body(JsonRestServer.java:285)
        at
org.apache.kafka.trogdor.agent.AgentClient.status(AgentClient.java:130)
        at
org.apache.kafka.trogdor.agent.AgentTest.testAgentGetStatus(AgentTest.java:115)

Gwen

--
Gwen Shapira
Engineering Manager | Confluent

Re: [VOTE] 2.6.0 RC2

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Gwen.

I'll log an issue to remove the kafka_2.12-2.6.0-site-docs.* files, and
look into whether AgentTest.testAgentGetStatus is flaky and if so log an
issue.

Randall

Re: [VOTE] 2.6.0 RC2

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Gwen.

Re: [VOTE] 2.6.0 RC2

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@apache.org>.
I wanted to follow up on two non-blocking issues Gwen mentioned earlier. I
didn't find any similar items, so I logged the following:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-10358 - Remove the 2.12 sitedocs
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-10359 - AgentTest unit test
failure during verification build of AK 2.6.0 RC2

Best regards,