Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Foster Schucker <Fo...@Schucker.org> on 2016/01/05 02:43:13 UTC

Where are "Set" values stored?

 From the docs:
You can use the "SET" directive to define a variable that exists only in
the page.

For example:

   [{SET  foo='bar'}]

creates a variable called "foo", which has the value of "bar". You can
access this value anywhere on your page by using the shorthand "[{$foo}]".

Where are these values stored?  I'm hoping in a session variable.

---
Back story.  A while ago I built a plugin to let me put Judoscript into
a page.  This gave me the ability to go get page data from other places
(like make a call to get a stock price or weather data) .  So I was able
to scrape data.   I'd like to be able to do a book lookup by ISBN number
and get the results back that I can parse  (see this as an example
http://www.isbnsearch.org/isbn/9781465043221)

I'd like to be able to do a [{SET ISBN=9781465043221] and then use
[{INSERTPAGE BookInfo}]  the BookInfo is the page that has the
Judoscript on it, it would do the call, format the information.  But I
need to have access to the variables that are SET.

Thanks!
Foster

(Plan B would be to write a plugin that takes the ISBN number and then
sets variables like Title, Author, Pages, etc and let the page deal with
it that way. )

Re: Where are "Set" values stored?

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Foster,

that information is stored at WikiPage level, as an attribute; you can
reach it through org.apache.wiki.WikiPage#getAttribute( String ) method.
You can see an example of use on the SpamFilter, specifically on the
refreshBlacklists method (take a look first to the javadocs class to see
what it is looking for).

HTH,
juan pablo