Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bill Collins <bc...@providerlink.com> on 2002/05/29 22:10:49 UTC

page break problem

I have a xsl-fo with block-containers that are absolute-positioned. Is there
a way to page break when the block contained within the block-container is
full (overflow).

Example:

<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
<fo:block-container height="20mm" width="100mm" top="0mm" left="0mm"
position="absolute">
	<fo:block font-size="12pt" text-align="left" font-weight="bold">
	 <!--when this reaches overflow break-after-->
		<xsl:value-of select="foo"/>
	</fo:block>
</fo:block-container>
<!--need page break here if above block is at overflow-->
</fo:flow>

Thanks,
Bill

Re: page break problem

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Bill Collins wrote:
> I have a xsl-fo with block-containers that are absolute-positioned. Is there
> a way to page break when the block contained within the block-container is
> full (overflow).

No. I understand the specification that the content in absolute
positioned FO stays on the page on which the element started.
Any overflow will be clipped. See the opening paragraph of:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#section-N43268-Keeps-and-Breaks-Properties

J.Pietschmann