Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Justin Kennedy <ju...@maritimesource.ca> on 2007/11/13 18:12:17 UTC

upgrade to 5.5.25 causes java permissions issues

HI,

I upgraded from 5.5.15 to 5.5.25 and now I'm getting errors relating to
java security (I'm using security manager). It appears as if my
catalina.policy is not longer being recognized, because I have clearly
outlined the permissions for the webapps, like
"java.lang.RuntimePermission setContextClassLoader" etc..., but I get
"access denied" errors for all my existing permissions.

Has the security configuration changed at all?

Thanks

--
Justin Kennedy
Maritime Source, Inc.

Re: upgrade to 5.5.25 causes java permissions issues

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Justin Kennedy wrote:
> HI,
>
> I upgraded from 5.5.15 to 5.5.25 and now I'm getting errors relating to
> java security (I'm using security manager). It appears as if my
> catalina.policy is not longer being recognized, because I have clearly
> outlined the permissions for the webapps, like
> "java.lang.RuntimePermission setContextClassLoader" etc..., but I get
> "access denied" errors for all my existing permissions.
>
> Has the security configuration changed at all?

Not that I can recall. Neither do I see anything in the change log.

Mark