Posted to user@struts.apache.org by wolverine my <wo...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/27 08:38:37 UTC

[S2] Autocompleter FATAL exception raised: [object Error]?

Hi!

I have the following JSP with AJAX tag and the debug is true:

  <head>
  <title>AJAX</title>
  <s:head theme="ajax" debug="true"/>
  </head>
  <s:url id="options" action="AjaxTest"/>
  <s:autocompleter theme="ajax" href="%{options}" name="option"/>

the struts.xml looks like the following:

  <package name="com.dummy.test.ajax" extends="json-default">
    <action name="AjaxTest" class="ajaxTest">
    <result type="json"/>
    </action>
  </package>

and here is my action class:

  package com.dummy.test.ajax;

  public class AjaxTest extends ActionSupport {

    public String execute() throws Exception {
      return SUCCESS;
    }

    public String[][] getOptions() {
      return new String[][] {{"a","b","c"}};
    }
  }

when entered http://localhost:8080/test/AjaxTest.action, it produced
the following:

  {"options":[["a","b","c"]]}

but when I clicked on the dropdown list, it prints

  FATAL exception raised: [object Error]

May I know how do I start debug from here?
Do you have any idea of what could be the problem?

Re: [S2] Autocompleter FATAL exception raised: [object Error]?

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- wolverine my <wo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> when entered
> http://localhost:8080/test/AjaxTest.action, it
> produced the following:
>
>   {"options":[["a","b","c"]]}

AFAIK the documentation at:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/ajax-tags.html#AjaxTags-autocompleterTag

is still correct for the required input to
<s:autocompleter.../>

I don't know if that will solve the problem or not.

d.