Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Smita Raut <sm...@persistent.co.in> on 2002/02/15 13:26:06 UTC

Sys::Syslog module for win32

Can I install Sys::Syslog module on Win2000? I tried it installing from the
cpan shell, but it says that Sys::Syslog comes with perl-5.6.1 and attempts
to install perl-5.6.1 (although I have mod-per ver 5.6.1). The attempt to
install perl-5.6.1 by cpan fails with the message-

------------------------
Program too big to fit in memory

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 1.50
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved.

NMAKE : fatal error U1064: MAKEFILE not found and no target specified
Stop.
   d:\users\smita\downloads\nmake\nmake.exe  -- NOT OK
Running make test
   Can't test without successful make
Running make install
   make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

Please suggest some solution.

Thanks,
Smita