Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net> on 2002/01/30 15:11:49 UTC

Announcement: JakartaPMC elections for 2002

Folks,

It is time for the yearly election of the Jakarta PMC by the
committers of Jakarta.

For a background - please take some time to read:

	http://jakarta.apache.org/site/management.html

	The Project Management Committee (PMC) was formed by the
	Apache Board in September 1999. The number of PMC seats is
	set at seven.

	Annually, all seven seats will be up for renewal. The ASF
	board will be asked to provide a person or persons to
	administer the nominations and a subsequent ballot.

	The administrator(s) will determine the mechanics of
	the voting procedures. Any committer to any Jakarta code
	base will be eligible to vote.

	Once the new PMC is in place, the first order of business
	will be to determine a chairperson from amongst their ranks.

	The list of current members can be found in our Project Credits.

Scedule:

	0:00 GMT  - 2002-2-7	Nominations close
	0:00 GMT  - 2002-2-9	Publication of candidate list.
	0:00 GMT  - 2002-2-9	Publication of voter's list.
	0:00 GMT  - 2002-2-12	Candidate list final and announced.
	0:00 GMT  - 2002-2-12	Voter's list final and announced.
	0:00 GMT  - 2002-2-12	Voters receive their ballots.
	0:00 GMT  - 2002-2-12	Ballot opens
	0:00 GMT  - 2002-2-19	Ballot closes
	0:00 GMT  - 2002-2-21   Voters receive confirmation of their vote
	0:00 GMT  - 2002-2-22	Final tally made and published.
	0:00 GMT  - 2002-2-22	Archive handed over to the ASF
				board secretariat.

Logistics for those elections (v1.02):

Volunteers: 	<jv...@apache.org>
		Dirk-Willem van Gulik (0xEC140B81)
		Jim Jagielski (0xA0BB71C1)
		Ben Laurie (0x2719AF35)

Seat:		A mail folder on daedalus.apache.org
		is used as the mail relay and time
		reference for all communication.

T=0	The Announcement of the election is posted to

		general@jakarta.apache.org
		*-dev@jakarta.apache.org
		members@apache.org
	and
		an individual message to all people with commit
		access to jakarta-* projects.

T+7	Nominations for PMC needs to be in by 0:00 GMT 7th of
	February 2001. You can either nominate yourself - or
	nominate someone else. What counts is the confirmation
	from the nominee being received.

	-> 	Posting a message to general@jakarta.apache.org and
		Cc: jvote@apache.org with your candidature, a short
		description about who you are, what you want to
		accomplish.

	->	Or if you are volunteered by someone else - a similar
		message confirming that you are accepting the
		nomination - with again - some details about yourself.

	->	PMC seats are open to anyone. Regardless as to
		wether you are a committer, lurker or coder. And
		you can even nominate a complete outsider (assuming
		he or she would consent of course.)

T+9	On the 9th of February we will send out a list of candidates to
	general@.

	You then have exactly 48hrs to complain about omissions,
	mistakes, etc.

T+9	On the 9th of February we will email out a list of all the
	committers eligible to vote to general@, *-dev, members@ and
	all commiters individually.

	Check that you are on that list.

	Otherwise you will not get to have your vote counted.

	Your @apache.org address will be used.

T+12	Final list of committers eligible to vote compiled
	and published to general@.

T+12	Final list of candidates compiled and published
	to general@.

T+12	On the 12th of February we will send each committer and
	general@ a ballot form.

	The ballot will contain the names of each candidate and the
	short description they have provided.

	Please return this to us on the address

			jvote@apache.org

	before the 19th of February.

	Voting Rules:

	- You have seven votes.
	- A ballot with no votes is invalid.
	- A ballot with more than seven votes in invalid.
	- You can only cast one vote per candidate.
	- If you do not use all seven votes - the remainder of
	  the votes will be counted as abstained.
	- Returned ballots which are unreadable are invalid.

	Reminder: your vote does not have to be cast in public and
	for the truly paranoid - pgp keys for the voting volunteers
	mentioned above. Regardless of encryption: your vote will
	go on record in the clear with the ASF and ASF records are
	subject to the usual provisions for US corporations and
	board control.

	You are allowed however to Cc: in general@ - this does not
	make the vote invalid.

T+19	19th of February - 0:00 GMT - close of the ballot.

T+20	20th of February - I will email each committer from the list
	of the 9th (thus ignoring anyone who has gained commit
	access since then) what I received from him or her.

	You then have 48hrs to responds if this is wrong, if there
	is an omission, perceived forgery etc.

T+22	22th of February - we will publish the results to general@.

	The results are the name of the seven people which received
	the largest number of votes and the total number of valid
	ballots received.

	A archive of the ballots will be stored with the
	Secretary of the ASF.

T+*	If you see irregularities, issues, or have complaints about
	the procedure - complain to

		jvote@apache.org

	Be aware that there is escalation possible to the
	or, if things are not resolved, to

		board@apache.org

	And that the ASF Board Secretariat will have a full record.

Let the games begin :-)

Dw

Cc:	This message is sent to:

	general@jakarta.apache.org, members@apache.org,